Thursday 2 August 2012

July Favourites!

Hello!

July was a great month for me, it was my first full month of being a high school graduate and it was also an exciting month since I got my IB results, and I passed!! Words cannot describe how elated I was :D

I have a few products to share with you guys and I also have a favourite book and movie.

Lets go!



1. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Lip Butter in Dark Chocolate and Cherry


So I'm pretty sure that I purchased this like last December early January and I used it for a long time and loved it. I would carry it in my school bag. But for some reason I just forgot about it and stopped using it. However this month I have fallen back in love with it! I like to carry it in my bag now.

Firstly, the scent. This thing smells amazing, I literally want to eat it. If you tried that limited edition Cadbury chocolate bar called Boysenberry then you will know what this smells like. What I really love about it, is since it mostly made of petroleum if applied thinly, it absorbs well and quickly into the lip (which is great when I'm doing my makeup in the morning), however if you apply a thicker layer it serves as a clear lip gloss, but without the stickiness. I know this is also available in Dark Chocolate and Peppermint, but I remember I chose this scent because in the store I could smell it through the packaging and it just smelt amazing.

I brought this from Guardian for under S$8 (can't remember exactly, maybe 6.90 or 7.90)

2. NYX Liquid Black Liner in Black (ya don't say!)


I got a sample size of this in my NYX The Crimson Amulet Collection, (click here! to see the review)
I absolutely fell in love with the eyeliner and was kind of sad since I didn't think it would be available in Singapore, however I was in Plaza Singapura and Smoochiezz was there again! So I brought this and it was S$15.90. I love that the handle is so long and you can control how much product you apply since it is a liquid liner,  I am a huge gel eyeliner girl but I fancied a easier method, purely because I like to do things as quick and easy as possible, and this is definitely good for that. Also, it's super black and doesn't dry shiny which I don't personally like the look of.

3. M.A.C Vainglorious Shadow


This eyeshadow is from the Venomous Villains Collection from M.A.C and is a frost finish. It is a burgundy with a browny tinge to it. I have loved putting this into my crease with Urban Decay Sin on the lid and Urban Decay Uzi in the centre of my lid. I love the definition it gives and it compliments my blue eyes, I think!

This can't be found in stores anymore since it was limited edition, however I'm sure it could be found on Ebay. I think it was like S$28 - S$30.


4. e.l.f Duo Eye Shadow Cream in Olive


So the green shade is a pea green with a goldy sheen and the brown shade is like a warm chocolate brown colour with a goldy sheen. And honestly I have been loving this, the brown is more pigmented than the green, but the green is a softer texture. I have been loving the green in particular and it is helping with my adventures into green eyeshadow eeeep!

This was S$4. From TheSpectrumShop.

5. L-R: Garnier Skin Naturals PureActive Deep Pore Unclogging Wash with 2% Purifying Salicylic acid and HerbaSoothe, Garnier Skin Natural PureActive Multi Action Scrub with purifying salicylic acid and HerbaRepair, Avon Solutions Plus Complete Balance Mattifying Toner


 I have never really been into skincare, so I decided that I wanted to actually start really taking care of my skin now, I think it's about time hehe!

So the deep pore unclogging wash is just a blue fresh scented wash which is actually quiet refreshing, I also love that it has a pump which you can lock, which is always convenient. It is supposed to help fight spots and fade marks which I honestly think it is because I have found less dark spots on my face from previous evil spots.

I have never used any face product with salicylic acid in it so I was quite afraid of the scrub because I really really don't want to get it in my eye! I use the scrub at nighttime only. I love the fact that it is gentle enough so I can use it daily but I can also see a difference in my skin.

Lastly is the toner, so after I have done my spot control I will use this toner, what I love about it is that it stings which to me proves that it is working..

These three products combined have definitely been a favourite for me this month and it is actually quite exciting because I didn't expect my skin to clear up so well.

Garnier products are available from Guardian, Watson's, Giant, Cold Storage etc. The toner however was from England a while ago so I don't know if it is still available.

6. Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate


I got this in my June Bellabox and I really didn't want to like this because it's S$90 for 30mL (!) at Kiehl's outlets. However, you only need 3-5 drops so it would probably last you forever. Firstly, I love the packaging, it has a glass dropper! Ah! I don't know I'm just a sucker for cute packaging. So basically what you are supposed to do is dispense 3-5 drops into your palms, pat your palms together, breathe in the scent, press the oil gently onto your forehead, cheeks and chin and then massage it gently in, then with the residue on your hands, pat on cuticles and neck.

When I read about breathing the scent it, I kind of laughed at it. But the first time I used it I thought okay I'll just do it, and since I use it before bed, it was actually nice and soothing. It says it is fragrance free but it does have lavender scent.

The first morning after I used this, my skin was so soft, I couldn't believe it. I love this product and I'm going to be so sad when my sample runs about but maybe one day I can splurge and purchase it, here's hoping!

7. Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment


Again this is a sample from my May Bellabox. Okay so being a Youtube junkie myself, I had heard so many people raving about this brand so I was excited to try it. Firstly, people always comment on the smell about how it smells really delicious, I like the scent. It smells spicy and kind of manly. But the thing I love most about this baby is that unlike most oils, this leaves no residue on the hands afterwards, NONE!

I have a Herbal Essence oil and it always leaves my hands so greasy and I hate that about it, luckily this product works just as well, it makes my hair so soft and I don't have to wash my hands afterwards.

8. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush


This brush has totally changed my life. No joke.  My cousin brought me it over from England and I was expecting it to be good, because I love Pixiwoo and people always say how great they are. I love Revlon Colorstay foundation, however my second bottle I brought was so thick, I could literally hold it upside down when it was full and it wouldn't move. Now I'm about halfway through it has thinned out but I still find it difficult to blend out since it is so thick and full coverage. Using this brush just makes it look flawless and it is so easy to blend out, I seriously need all the RealTechniques brush in my collection now!

Lastly I have two random favourites.

Firstly is my favourite book of the month. Which is The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer (from Glee).



There really are no words to say about it, if you like fairy tales and want a quick, easy, fun read, pick this book up!

My movie favourite of the month is The Help.

This movie is based on the book by Kathryn Stockett and I absolutely loved it. It is set in Jackson, Mississippi and is all about the maids of the rich white housewives and their story. It made me laugh, it made me cry (but I literally cry at every movie) and I don't know, you just need to watch it.

Anyway phew! I have finished finally. I am really excited July is over since August is one month closer to Christmas! yay!

Thanks for reading, and what was your favourite movie/book of the month?

No comments:

Post a Comment