Sunday 12 August 2012

Bellabox: August 2012 ~ I love Singapore

This month Bellabox celebrates Singapore's 47th National Day by bringing us their I Love Singapore box. This box is bringing together old and new favourites. Exciting huh!?



This is the information card, it's the red and white colours of the flag and has pictures of sunnies and a drink (probably the infamous Singapore Sling!), I thought it was a nice touch (:

Let's see what was inside!


1. Enavose Probiotics Exfoliance Gommage



Information:
"Enavose brings you a gentle and effective way to exfoliate your skin! Formulated with Bacillus Ferment, a mild enzyme with resurfacing action that thoroughly removes dead skin without causing undue stress to skin, this gommage leaves your skin feeling softer and helps improve the absorption of your serums and moisturisers!"

Price: 80mL for S$35

First Impressions:

I tried this on the back of my hand since you are supposed to see the dead skin coming off....which sounds pretty disgusting!

Here is what happened:




It has a cooling feeling which I like, as for the scent it just smells like a fresh gel. I thought that it wasn't going to work at all since when I looked at it, it just looked like gel, however once I rubbed it in, I could feel really fine exfoliants. Then this started happening.




Sorry if that grossed you out! But I'm interested in trying this on my face, seems intriguing. 


Sample Size: 15mL


2. Philosophy Hope in a Jar Oil Free Gel Moisturiser








Information:
"This hope in a jar provides much more than that. Imagine skin that is rejuvenated, revitalised and moisturised for its youngest looking possible. This oil-free gel moisturiser for normal to oily skin is lightweight and a joy to use."


Price: 60mL for S$59

First Impressions:
I liked how quickly this absorbed into the skin and that it didn't have a scent. This is my first Philosophy product and I have heard great things about this moisturiser so I'm looking forward to see if the hype is right!

Sample Size:  7mL




I also received a sample of Philosophy Purity Made Simple 3-in-1 cleanser for face and eyes. This wasn't on my information card but the sample I received was 6ml. I've also heard a lot about this cleanser, but I don't know how much the full size of this is.


3. Anna Sui Cosmetics Eye Colour in 201










Information:
"Anna Sui is one of the most highly respected designers in the world of fashion. Her clothes reflect a casual, bohemian vibe that's become a classic look, and her cosmetics follow suit. With beautifully packaged products Anna Sui embodies the sentiment of a modern, twenty first century woman!"

Price: 2.4g for S$35.00

First Impressions:
Okay, so I did some research and I'm pretty sure this is full sized! If so that has payed for the box twice and a bit more. You could either receive the eyeshadow (S$35), eye colour crayon (S$35), Lip Gloss (S$33) or Lip Rouge (S$40).

I received the eyeshadow in 201 and it reminds me of M.A.C Violet pigment.

Do I even have to mention the packaging. Beautiful.

Sample Size: 2.4g




4. L'oreal Paris Dermo-Expertise Youth Code Boosting Essence




Information:
"With just one drop, your skin becomes smoother and softer instantly. Your skin is also able to better absorb the active ingredients in your skincare regime. In a week, your skin texture will improve. In a month, your skin will be rejuvenated, youthful and more radiant. For best results, use before your serum and/or moisturiser. Beauty tip: Use before your facial mask to get even better results out of your mask!"

Price: 30mL for S$39.90

First Impressions:
This is kind of a hit and miss for me. I'll try it out, but it just doesn't tickle my fancy. It kind of seems like a hassle to use it before I do any of my skincare, twice daily. Maybe I may grow to love it (:

This also has a cooling feeling which I guess fits in with the hot weather we are having here in Singapore!


Sample Size: 5mL


5. China Glaze Nail Polish






Information:

"Every shade on the colour spectrum and more. In addition to their famed neons, metallics and any other trend going. China Glaze release more and more collections every year. You can count on them for everything from the most amazing glitters to shimmers and neons."

Price: 15mL for S$15

First Impressions:

I brought China Glaze Rose Among Thorns Neon Polish a while ago and to be honest, I was quite disappointed with the finish. Since it is a neon I guess it has some sort of different formula, it dries almost instantly and kind of weird like it is matte but shiny but leathery....If that makes sense. I like the colour though and will get alot of use out of it. I love me some China Glaze!



BONUS: I Love Singapore Inspired Beach Bag




The bag has the same pattern as the card...so cute!
So I think this is my favourite box so far! I'm hoping that next month has 1 or no skincare since every box I have had so far have been all or a majority just skincare products.
I think my favourite products from the July box were the twistband (my dog also likes it!) and the Skinmiso Pore Strip, which I will be purchasing full sized. My least favourite thing was definitely the Jimmy Choo fragrance.
Thanks for reading! (:
*Have you tried any of these products?*


1 comment: