Thursday 14 March 2013

Review: essence Ready For Boarding Peel Off Base Coat | Glitter Polish Godsend?

Hey guys!

Today I'm going to be reviewing a product from the essence Ready For Boarding Collection which is currently available in selected Watson's stores.

Here in Singapore we tend to receive the trend editions a little later than Europe, which means we can anticipate certain great products that are being hyped over. One product that has received a lot of love is the Peel- Off Base Coat. It retails for S$3.90 for 8mL (0.27 fl.oz).


The whole concept behind the peel off base coat is that it is supposed to speed up application and removal. It is described as being an ideal basis for your vacation nail polish colour and to remove the polish, all you do is peel it off, apply a fresh layer of base coat and repeat the process so you never have to bring a polish remover on holiday again! Sounds ideal right?


The base coat is a milky white colour, with a thick consistency. I'm pretty sure that the base coat is some sort of PVA Glue that you used in school. It has the same consistency and scent. So once you finish this bottle, don't fret! You can just refill it :)

           (You can find the instructions of how to apply the polish by peeling back the label on the bottle!)

 Directions:
Step 1: Apply a generous layer of the peel off base coat to your nails, allow approximately 10 minutes to dry until the white base coat becomes transparent.

Step 2: Paint your favourite colour nail polish and/or effect nail polish over it and let it dry.

Step 3: Simply peel off to remove. Does not harm  your nails.

Advice: Avoid hot water for 3 hours after application.


Shortly after painting on base coat

Base coat completely dry

I applied one of my favourite glitters, China Glaze Liquid Crystal after 10 minutes and it applied normally.



After a few hours I started to peel it off, I started from the cuticle and peeled it off in one complete sheet.

This is what it looked like afterwards!


 It did leave my nails feeling quite dry so I would definitely use a moisturiser afterwards but I have worn this glitter so many times and it is so hard to get off, but this came off in under 1 minute!

I love wearing glitter polishes but usually neglect them due to this issue, so if you feel the same you NEED this in your collection.

The only downside I can find in this product is that it is supposed to make the whole process faster. Obviously yes, it is faster to remove it. But once you apply the base coat you have to wait 10 minutes for it to dry and 3 hours before using any hot water, so that is a big inconvenience. But it is an inconvenience that I am willing to dismiss!

I probably will never use this for just normal nail polish except if I was to go on holiday for a week and I wanted to change up my polishes, then I would take this instead of polish remover that might break in my luggage and ruin all my things.



If you guys are near a Watson's, go grab this and let me know what you think!


Thanks for stopping by,
Becky







 *Products were purchased with my own money. All opinions expressed are my own*




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky, I love this! Is this application only for one day use? Do you use any nail polish remover to expedite the peeling? Thanks in advance!

      Delete
    2. Hello!
      I've worn this for a couple of days and it only peeled off when I peeled it started to peel it off! I would recommend from experience to definitely let the polish dry at least 4 hours before using hot water (or any type of water like washing your hair). I use a nail polish remover pad to just clean up some flakes around the cuticle and to re-hydrate my nails because they become a tad dry after I peel the base coat off. Hope this helps, thanks for the comment!


      Becky

      Delete