Sunday 25 November 2012

Bellabox Singapore: November 2012 ~ bliss (or a miss..?)

This month the bellabox hopes to bring everybody a little bit of bliss, which they define as looking and feeling beautiful. Lets see what's inside!



1. L'Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil Nourishing Oil


Information
"The Mythic Oil Nourishing Oil is the star product of the L'Oreal Professionnel hair care range, offering a unique blend of precious argan oil and grape seed oil to nourish and tame hair. The end result is instantly shiny hair that is protected against frizz and environment aggressors."

Price
125mL for S$42


First Impressions

It smells similar to Elnett hairspray which if you have smelt, smells kind of like a grandma. However I have heard some good things about this oil from some Youtubers (for example Shellx85x). 

Sample Size
3mL for S$1.008


2. L'Oreal Professionnel Absolut Cellular Repair Shampoo


Information
"Enriched with Lactic Acid technology, the L'Oreal Professionnel Absolut Cellular Repair Shampoo gently eliminates residue while protecting the hair. Dry hair is moisturised and restored, giving it a revitalised shine."

Price
500mL for S$42

First Impressions

Honestly, I saw this was available before I received my box (because deliveries were late this month) and I was really hoping not to receive it. I've received shampoo from bellabox before and honestly, I'm not fussed on what shampoo I use, I will use whatever is in my shower. I'll use this up but I probably won't buy it. It just smells like salon shampoo, nothing special.

Sample Size

100mL for S$8.40


3. JF Skin Solutions Acne Relief Cleanser Bar



Information
"JF Skin Solutions Acne Soap is formulated with micro-grained active sulphur to help treat acne and other skin conditions such as blackheads, whiteheads, clogged pores and blemishes. It is convenient for use on the face or for the shoulders and back which are also acne-prone areas."

Price
100g for S$9.95

First Impressions

Very intriguing. I thought maybe it would smell weird (seeing as it contains sulphur) but it smells really nice. I'm going to try this tonight I think :D

Sample Size
20g for S$1.99



4. STORYDERM Silk Mask



Information
"E.G.F. or Epidermal Growth Factor is the rate at which skin cell regenerates. The E.G.F. Face mask aids in cell regeneration and is developed to deeply moisturise and condition the skin."

Price
S$19.90



5. Sasatinnie Saz Super Dolly Powerful Mascara




Information
"The Sasatinnie Saz Super Dolly Mascara Powerful Mascara is the first mascara formulated to create a perfect doll-eye look. It features an innovative non-clumping brush that coats each lash with a protective film enriched with nourishing amino acids."

Price
S$19.90

First Impression

I didn't know that Sasa had their own makeup brand, I'm excited to try this to see if it holds up to its claims.


And lastly in commemoration of Movember this month, bellabox included a cute pink moustache necklace! 



Overall Box Value: S$51.20 (without necklace)


I was very excited about the box this month however since there was a problem and a public holiday at the normal time of distribution, I received my box today (I normally receive it on the 11-12th of the month). By the time I got it I already knew what was in it and honestly I found this box kind of boring. 

I know that something I was really hoping to get was the full-size Bio Oil, because I have wanted to try that for so long now because it is supposedly great for stretch marks. However, I received a shampoo. I'm not trying to bash the company or concept because I do enjoy getting the boxes, but I'm not made of money being only 18 and I think trying new, exclusive, possibly unheard of products like Bio Oil or the acne cleanser bar are much better than trying a L'Oreal shampoo (which isn't a new, underrated product at all). I mean everybody uses shampoo but not everybody uses body oils or acne cleanser bars. 

Just like a lot of people were complaining that there has been a lot of skincare samples this year, I think getting a shampoo is kind of a let down for me.

I'm going to stay for the December box and maybe January. But if I still feel the same way I feel right now, I maybe unsubscribe by the February/March box.

Also there is a  beauty survey online that we can fill in and I picked that I have normal hair (the shampoo is for very damaged and dry hair) and I picked that I would prefer a never stray lipstick (and I received a mascara). I don't really think that they pay attention to the profiles we set up, which is a shame since it may leave people feeling unsatisfied with their box, like myself.

Anyway, that is my rant over! 


How did you find your bellabox? Let me know!



Thanks for stopping by
Becky



*Products were purchased with my own money. All opinions expressed are my own*

2 comments:

  1. It's always so interesting to see what the Singapore Bellabox is like compared to the Australian one. I love seeing the reviews on them and this is a really great honest review :)
    I just subscribed to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like to see what the other Bellabox has so I followed you :)

      Becky

      Delete