Thursday 3 October 2013

essence cosmetics All in 1 BB Cream in 02 Natural Review and Swatches*


Overview of Product

The essence All-in-One BB Cream is a beauty balm specifically created for Asian skin tones (I'm obviously not Asian – I do however have yellow undertones like Asian women have).
The BB Cream comes in 3 shades: 01 Universal, 02 Natural and 03 Medium

The shade that I have is 02 Natural.



Packaging

The product comes in a tube with a twist off cap. I like the fact that the packaging is malleable so I can squeeze every last drop of product out. However, I dislike the fact that around the opening can get a bit messy and built up with product. I love that the packaging has a sort of ombre effect, getting darker as it gets towards the lid and the product can actually stand up by itself without falling over.


The product claims to:

  • be used for moisturising care, as a foundation or as a make-up base.
  • Free of oil and perfume,
  • provides intense moisture and covers impurities without blocking the pores
  • protects skin from the sun and helps to maintain a glowing complexion for a smooth, radiant and flawless look.” (essence.eu)





First Impressions

When I first tested the shade on my hand I thought that there was no way it was going to match me because it was a couple of shades darker than my skin, as you can see from the photo. However after blending it in it actually matches me perfectly, so maybe if you are looking at these in the store you should test it out on your jawline and see how it blends for you – you may be surprised.

I had actually looked at this product when I was in Watsons one day picking up some things and there was one specific reason why I didn't pick it up. It smells funky. One thing that essence has going for them is that their products smell amaazing! This BB Cream smells like sweaty towels or something like that. I presumed the one in the store just smelt like that because it is under fluorescent lights all day you know? But the product I received also smells like it.

Application/Wear

I've been applying the BB Cream with the Real Techniques Stipple Brush because I just prefer it over using my fingers because you can really blend the product in with it. It blends nicely and smoothly, and I would say it has a medium coverage and medium thickness. It's not runny but also is not as thick as something like Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation. It leaves an almost dewy look to the skin but I always set it with powder because I just prefer it as it leaves the skin slightly tacky, probably due to the SPF. Therefore I can't say if you would look oily towards the end of the day without powder, but with powder I didn't notice any grease build up.



Extra Pros and Cons

Pros
  • No mineral oils so it won't clog pores
  • Good packaging for travelling, you don't have to worry about a glass bottle shattering in your case
  • Easy to clean excess product that builds up on the nozzle
  • Has SPF 30
  • A lot of product for price

Cons
  • Won't suit pink tones
  • Dispenser can get a bit messy
  • Smell
  • Not a huge shade selection

*

The essence All in 1 BB Cream retails for S$7.90 (30mL) at selected Watsons stores.
To find the closest store to you that sells essence, check out my post about Where I Can Find essence cosmetics in Singapore?


Have you tried this BB Cream? If so, what do you think about it? If not, what drugstore BB Creams do you like? Would you like to see a FOTD with this product? Let me know in the comments below! 


*

Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to follow me on bloglovin' if you haven't already and I'll see you next time!






*Product was provided for my honest review purposes

1 comment:

  1. Glad it matches you so well! Becky before you go back you so need to try Missha perfect cover, its $36 but its amazing! Super high coverage, my tube has still 80% left after a year! You'd match shade 21 or 23 really well, check it out sometime!

    ReplyDelete